Leeds Town Hall
Leeds Town Hall is an imposing building situated in The Headrow (Westgate end). Built by Cuthbert Broderick after a Competition to build the Town Hall held in 1852. The building is made from Millstone grit
The Town Hall opened by Queen Victoria in 1858. The impressive Town Hall organ, built by Gray and Davidson in the central great hall being named after the Queen Victoria Hall.
The over 6 foot diameter bell weighing over 4 tons installed in the Town Hall Tower the following year.
The Lionsoutside the main entranceat the front of the Town Hall were installed in 1867.
Leeds was still a Town at this period becomming a City in 1893
The front of Leeds Town Hall
St. Annes, Town Hall in the distance
The rear of Leeds Town Hall from taken from Millennium Square
Leeds Town Hall is the venue for the
- Leeds International Concert Season
- The Leeds International Concert Season is most extensive programme of Free Music in Britain is based in the Leeds Town Hall
- Almost 200 annual music events
- The home of one of Britain's finest organs.
- Leeds International Film Festival
- The 20th Leeds International Film Festival 2006 was held on 2 12 November 2006
- other events